View Single Post
Old 11-02-2016, 05:31 AM   #219
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loslote View Post
And if I'm reading the narration right, I think Zil having nightmares about tp and Nerwen means he was, in fact, evil? So yay for staying calm and not flying off the handle.
Funny, because I read it completely in the opposite way. "It looks as if he was good, being haunted in the same way they were." Although I see now that it would make equal, if not more sense if that was that those he had contributed to killing haunted him. But I assume it's meant to be ambiguous anyway. So I am not sure.

Quote:
Also, I'm assuming the Herbalist saved Kuru, probably to even out the odds in case we end up with the Day Six winning condition. Thanks, Herbalist.
Speaking of that, would that mean the option of "waiting it out" might be feasible again? Of course there is the ambiguity whether Zil was good or evil (if evil, then it should be fairly good in our favor, though). Can somebody do the maths? Are we once again in the "if one kill can be prevented..." situation? Because then it might be better to avoid the lynching. It would be close though, I bet.

Quote:
I also think the way Shasta tried to defend Zil and then suddenly put him in his top three for lynching looks very suspicious. Now that the narration seems to suggest that Zil was a wolf, I would argue that Shasta looks likely to be his packmate.
I would not be too hasty about that. First, let's keep in mind that we really don't know whether Zil was a Wolf or not. Second, I don't actually think Shasta put Zil among his top three in any striking manner.

In fact, I was sorta surprised Zil got lynched in the end, because it started to look like he wasn't a very popular target. Obviously, Lalaith's vote for him was self-preservation. But that Shasta was indeed a "0.5", because he simply did not want to lynch Lalaith more.

Anyway, I have generally fairly good feeling about Shasta, myself. Whether I agree with his opinions or not, he seems to be thinking things through and it feels like it is genuine.
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote