View Single Post
Old 08-21-2001, 12:20 AM   #20
Halbarad
Wight

Halbarad has just left Hobbiton.
Ring

<BR> Re: Is the movie such a good idea?</b><br><br> this has probably been said, but the main problem with an undertaking such as these films, anticipation can noticably affect the percieved quality of the books. For example, a friend of mine didn't see the Matrix until 2 years after it came out. After having heard about how 'cool' the Matrix was for so long, he built up an image in his mind that the movie couldn't compete with. That is my primary concern- that the speculation and endless barrage of enthusiasts' projections are going to make the movies impact and quality less, because of all that. Get every one you know to read the book before seeing the movie <p>"A little people, but of great worth are the Shire-folk. Little do they know of our long labour for the safekeeping of their borders, and yet I grudge it not."</p>
-Halbarad to Aragorn, 'The Passing of the Grey Company' Book V, Return of the King."A little people, but of great worth are the Shire-folk. Little do they know of our long labour for the safekeeping of their borders, and yet I grudge it not"
Halbarad is offline   Reply With Quote