View Single Post
Old 03-13-2008, 05:42 PM   #51
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

Valier is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Bunny's expression and feeling of joy dropped from her face and she furrowed her brow. This wasn't in the plan at all, bunny thought to herself, now there are more mouths to feed...her stomach rumbled at the thought. And that appears to be a Gaffer...oh my, Brown was a surprise enough. She had wanted to keep this whole adventure secret and by the looks of things, word may get back some how to her home and her Ma and Pa.
Bunny looked to Tansy as she too passed a look on to Peony. "Well I see we have more adventurers on our hands then originally planned." Bunny said with a some what forced smile. I guess that's OK, I mean.... I don't want to sound rude, but, well I'm just mighty surprised. Bunny swallowed hard.

She tried to push the feelings of selfishness aside. She had wanted to find the Entwives and claim most of the glory and fame, for herself and share the experience with very few other people. But Bunny was not a selfish Hobbit by nature, she just wanted to be liked and found useful and brave. Not just a small Hobbit-lass that was always to be protected. If these other older hobbits were to come then Bunny had to make sure that the adventure still remained hers. She wanted to be the one who led them on. Not be bossed around by a bunch of Men.
But she didn't even have her map anymore, and her Pa would be very disappointed when he found out of her carelessness. Peony had said she had one to replace it. But really Bunny had looked at maps often and was sure she could find the way. We can just follow the river for the most part, she thought.
Bunny decided to herself that she was ok if they came, they would make the trip more interesting she said to herself, trying desperately to believe it.

"Well are we ready to go then?" Bunny said in her most grown up voice and a sincere smile.
"I believe the best route for now would be to just follow the road until we get to the bridge, then cross it to the left side of the river going North. then we needn't cross it later." Bunny reached down and patted the large dog as he circled her playfully. " Well if everyone is ready...then let the fun begin!" Bunny cheerfully exclaimed as she turned to make her way back to the road.

But like always Bunny's mind moved faster than her feet and she stepped on her dress and fell with a thud. Great! Bunny screamed in her head, That looks just like something a brave leader would do. Bunny's face reddened in embarrassment as the large dog licked her face. She quickly recovered and jumped up, not wanting to face the small group. "Oooop" Was all she could say as she hurried in the direction she was headed.

Last edited by piosenniel; 03-18-2008 at 09:29 AM.