View Single Post
Old 10-14-2016, 10:28 AM   #1588
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Location: Unattended on the railway station, in the litter at the dancehall
Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
1420!

When the site is down for 24 hours and in spite of not having posted anything of substance for months you feel like your hometown has just been bombed.

Since Agan, Rune and Lommy talked about emojis above (what a newfangled word; when did we stop calling them smileys?) I'd like to say a few things about message icons, which are another nice way of nonverbal communicarion and come handy for indicating the tone of the following post. I mostly use Thumbs up (signing approval, obviously, e.g. in cases when I can't rep somebody right now) and 1420! (the tankard - for festive occasions, like birthday felicitations in the rare case that I remember to post them) and sometimes the Pipe (which has a somewhat scholarly air for me as well as an almost Legate-like smugness); also the Silmaril instead of a light bulb for sudden insight. Sting, the Eye and the Arrow (strangely mislabeled Eye as well) have their uses as Gifted hints in Werewolf. What are your favourite ones?