View Single Post
Old 06-18-2003, 05:12 PM   #3
Meela
Denethor's True Love

Meela has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I have a few characters I would choose.

Luthien, and I would not change anything.

Finduilas of Dol Amroth. I don't know the full story, but I'm wondering if Denethor would have survived had Finduilas not died so young.

Galadriel. I don't know much about her past, but I'm thinking that she had a pretty decent life, even if it was a bit miserable (I believe its been called some form of tragic or sad life at one point). Anyhow, she is an interesting character, and there is the bonus of being married to Celeborn.

Celebrian. Again I don't know the full circumstances surrounding her demise, and I probably would not try to change them, although being held captive by orcs isn't top of my to-do list. She seems to have had a decent life up until her captivity, and if there was any way I could change her fate, I might consider it.

Boromir. A wonderful character, loyal to his wonderful homeland. Naturally, the choice here is to not succumb to the ring, although I entirely understand and sympathise with his reasoning and loyalty to Gondor. But yes, I would have Boromir resist the ring if I could.