View Single Post
Old 04-08-2003, 05:12 PM   #351
peony_foxburr
Haunting Spirit

peony_foxburr has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to peony_foxburr
Silmaril

To reply to several posted questions:I live in a town northwest of Boston, near the border w/NH, named Chelmsford. Unlike many other town names in NE, this one DOESN'T recur all over the English speaking world--there is a Chelmsford, England and a Chelmsford in Ontario, Canada...(this afternoon's bit of trivia, LOL)

I was cruising eBay just this morning in search of the "emus&eggplants"edition, in fact. I'll keep an eye on general trends before getting into a bidding war, tho!

Thanks for your suggestions re:humorous videos--I have seen Lilo&Stitch and agree it's totally adorable. The Monty Python collection will definitely come along. I am lucky in that my dad is a very upbeat person (unlike yours truly, the original hypochondriac depressive)and has borne up well under the past 3 1/2 mos of Lupron injections--for the unitiated, that's a testesterone antagonist which starves the cancerous cells out, but in the process brings on hot flashes that make menopause sound tame! (This makes it difficult to sleep soundly, so he's very tired as a result) Almost done with that stuff--I suspect radiation will be a piece of cake by comparison. He started off basically healthy as a horse for a guy of 79, and the doc has every expectation he will be playing golf on his 90th birthday! I'm going out to offer moral support, to help with the driving to daily "nuking" sessions, and assist in keeping my mother organized--she is definitely more confused and forgetful than she used to be--so wish me a large dose of PATIENCE [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]...I'll be back in late May to go to my son's college commencement in DC, but then mayhap we doddering souls from this area can have our own FotR drinking game (see back a few pages), which sounded like just the thing to appall my children [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]...
"And the ship went out into the High Sea and passed on into the West, until at last on a night of rain Frodo smelled a sweet fragrance on the air and heard the sound of singing that came over the water."
-The Return of the King
peony_foxburr is offline   Reply With Quote