View Single Post
Old 04-30-2004, 06:00 PM   #137
Regin Hardhammer
Shade of Carn Dûm

Regin Hardhammer has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Harold had been shocked to find his wife’s necklace gone and even more astounded to learn that several of his fellow Harfoots also seemed to be stripped of their possessions. He had brought this matter of thievery to Marcho’s attention eaerlier, but now the Whitfoot boy was being arrested. He just didn't seem like the type who would resort to stealing. On top of everything else, Marcho had been nowhere in sight when Fredigar dragged off Crispin.

Feeling slightly guilty for having initially spilled the news, Harold raced over to Marcho, bellowing out his news. "Come quick! Something's happened. Crispin's been arrested! Adelard claims Crispin is the thief and Kalimac looks as if he's about to blow his top."

Tugging on Marcho's sleeve, he hastily added, “ I just can't believe that. I’ve known Crispin since he was a little tike and he would never do something like this. Now that Adelard, on the other hand, I am well acquainted with as well, though not as favorably. He can be quite the embellisher when it pleases him. The lad’s not reliable in the slightest, if you ask me. I do think the real thief is out there and may well strike again. Believe me; I’m willing to help nab this fellow before he does anything worse.”