View Single Post
Old 05-08-2005, 05:25 AM   #251
Orofaniel
Mighty Mouse of Mordor

Orofaniel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Orofaniel
Eye Evrathol; looking back on recent events

"There is someone to see you, sir," the servant muttered gravely. She looked deeply disturbed and very uncomfortable where she stood in front of the two elves. Although the garden was looking much brighter now compared to what it had looked like a couple of days ago, the servant did not look as if she noticed it.

"Please, show our guest in," Evrathol then muttered looking at his mother. Who could it possibly be? As far as he knew, they weren't expecting anyone today.

The servant did not move, as she was afraid that anything would happen to her if she did.

A man appeared behind her. Evarthol had never seen him before. The stern features in the man's face told Evrathol that this man was not going to bring them any good news.

"Your servant is too slow, my good sir. I was forced to enter your gardens as I was afraid I would have been waiting for hours and hours - maybe days- if it had been up to your servant alone," the man said. Their newly arrived guest was mocking the servant as he said this. "How very rude of you sir," Evrathol replied quickly. "This family's servants are the best servants, and I will not hear anyone speak ill of them," Evrathol continued. The stranger looked surprised; it was not a regular thing to defend a servant.

Arlomė’s face changed as well, when she noticed how very how this conversation had developed. It was surely not a good development. "Please, servant, you may return to your duties," she said quickly. The servant did not need to hear that twice. She was almost running back into the apartments.

"What brings you to our humble house?" Evrathol then asked the man; his tone was unfriendly, almost hostile. "I am in the King's errand," the man replied quickly, and he seemed to take no heed in Evrathol's way of speaking. "He wants me to bring you an offer; to move into a very special part of the city..." he then continued, now smiling weakly.

"And since this is a most noble offer, The Majesty expects you to accept it with great gratitude.”

Evrathol had never heard such insane offer; he was enraged. This was indeed the most preposterous thing he had ever heard. He even doubted it was an offer; by looking at the man’s face expressions it sounded more like an order. There was something vicious and loathsome about this creature, and Evrathol had known it ever since the stranger had entered the garden. Arlomė looked as if in shock, and so Evrathol put his arm around his mother. "This will never come to pass," he said beneath his clenched teeth so that only she could hear it.

"Oh, how very sweet of you to look after your dear mother, but I’m afraid we will leave within the hour. I have already some of my men collecting some of your belongings," The man said, now turning his back on them. "And if we refuse?" Evrathol replied sharply.

"To refuse is not the wisest thing to do here, sir," the man answered calmly. "The King offers you something greater than this humble garden and this simple house. I do not think His Majesty will be thrilled to hear that you have denied his most gracious offer. Actually I think His Majesty would take that refusal as if a refusal to his will. We don't want that, do we? Remember, the people of Pashtia are the King's humble servants; the elves no less. You must do as he wishes, for that is your duty."

The man then started to walk towards the door opening. "Oh, and I'm sure His Majesty will grant the lady a most delicate garden......"

He waved as he entered the door and called joyfully;” We will leave within the hour."

"That is the most vicious man I ever saw," Arlomė told her son. "He cannot simply order us to move from our home after all these years. It is not going to happen. Where is Morgos?" She seemed desperate and full of anxiety. Evrathol felt likewise, and could not answer any of her questions. But by mentioning his father's name, he thought of the library. Evrathol knew that his father would not allow anyone to walk within the four walls of the library.

"I think the General would want us to clear out from the library," Evrathol then said. "Pardon?" Arlomė said and looked at him. "I do not think father would appreciate us leaving the library to this scum. We should go to the library and fetch Morgos' most valuable things. That is the least we could do."

"I agree; let us go," Arlome replied.

Their home had been quiet and peaceful, up until very recently. Now their home was filled with noisy men and if that wasn't anough; Orcs! Arlomė and Evarthol shivered by the thought of those foul Orcs that wandered around in their home as it had been theirs. It disgusted them.

The two elves made their way to the library. Luckily the elves were still allowed to walk inside their apartments without being harmed in any way. The door to the library was locked, which probably meant that the room was untouched by the intruders.

Arlomė sighed. It would be impossible to force the door open. What were they going to do? "Not to worry, I know where the General keeps his keys," Evrathol whispered. "Yes, so do I, but we would not be able to get our hands on them in time," she said with a small gesture of disappointment. "No, mother, the keys are right here," Evrathol then said pointing down towards the floor. "I'm confused; your father keeps his keys in his chambers. Mind you, his chambers are in the other part of the apartment," Arlomė then said. She seemed disturbed by the way Evrathol was not taking this grave matter seriously. "Do not tell me you have not seen it," Evrathol then said, looking at her with great surprise. "Seen what?"

Evrathol did not waste a minute to show her Morgos great secret. He got down on his four and let his hand move gently underneath the end of the threshold. He felt the tiny keys and picked them up. His mother looked amazed. "How did you know?" she asked him. "Right now we do not have the time for stories; Let us proceed," Evrathol then said, and to avoid further questions, he let his mother be the first one to enter the Library.

Evrathol had still not quite understood the things he found in the library, secretly hidden in Morgos' books. He simply could not understand it.

Last edited by Orofaniel; 05-08-2005 at 01:01 PM.