View Single Post
Old 06-13-2012, 01:07 PM   #3
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aganzir View Post
This is blasphemy though. Come on, we already had Gimli pining for Galadriel (which is all fine and canonical). Do they think every decent dwarf needs an elf to lust after? Eww.
I think this is where my cynicism about The Hobbit is coming from...we just get a rehashing of certain plot points for the sake of nostalgia...and it's really annoying. Kili supposedly an infatuation with Tauriel. I can only assume Legolas is in the film so he can be at the Battle of Five Armies to give us some more shield-sliding CGI spinning tricks, and obviously lines like "Goblins!" "He's here!"

I really hope I'm wrong, but I'm also not very hopeful. Granted my reading of The Hobbit is biased by the fact I read it after LOTR, and thus have never seen it as a "prequel" to LOTR, but as a separate, precise story in a large and expansive universe. But, I'm really worried by PJ et all, seemingly wanting to recycle LOTR storylines, only using different characters.