View Single Post
Old 06-03-2007, 05:48 AM   #32
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

Firefoot has been trapped in the Barrow!
"Quite alright. This seems important," Toby responded to Leanora as Kuric started ranting on about trolls again behind him. Suppressing his rising annoyance at the dwarf for a moment, he turned instead to the boy Orin who had run up. "Your neighbor's horse, you say? Hmm... And you came as soon as you heard?"

Orin nodded breathlessly, but added, "But it happened last night." Toby nodded, frowning to himself. A horse... that was a big animal, and likely to make a fuss - unlike his own docile, if rather dim-witted, sheep. "I don't suppose anyone saw what happened?"

"Nope. Just turned up missing," Orin reported.

Toby sighed. "Thank you, lad. And have your pa keep me posted if any other evidence appears."

"Yes, sir!"

Toby returned his attention to the rest of the Defenders just in time to hear Kuric declare: "Now, if ye'll all just listen ta me we'll get this sorted out quick enough to get home fer dinner tonight." And then, the nerve of him! He began to head off toward the inn, clearly expecting the others to follow. "Let's quickly grab some ale and be off."

"And I suppose, Master Dwarf," said Toby sharply, "that you know precisely where we'll all 'be off' to? That you know this land better than any of us who have lived here our whole lives? That you know where trolls would hide - assuming that it is actually trolls, who are rather large and by all accounts none too smart and would have a rather difficult time not to be spotted?"

Last edited by Firefoot; 06-03-2007 at 03:55 PM.