View Single Post
Old 06-20-2007, 09:13 AM   #39
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
No one seemed to answer Grimbeorn. The foreigner looked a bit lost and if wondering whether anyone had heard his question.

Leanora turned to him. "I don't know much", she said and smiled, her eyes skimming the map, "but the latest attack was somewhere around here." She pointed the place where her family and their neighbours lived. Then she frowned. "The mare must have gone missing from the pasture, but... it's a good animal and valuable property. There aren't a lot of horses here in Bree. Old Maple - the farmer, that is - usually keeps an eye on her. I wonder when did she manage to disappear..." Lea realized that she was rambling and stopped, even though the foreigner was nodding politely.

"Um.. Maybe others can tell you more. I would be interested in hearing that too. I mean, hearing things once again might help." Only then did she notice the scar on the young man's face. "What happened to your face?" Before he could reply, she added hastily: "If you don't mind me asking, that is."

Meanwhile, Orin used his sister's conversation with the stranger to his own advantage and without anyone noticing, he slipped in and under the table.