View Single Post
Old 04-02-2011, 07:07 PM   #14
Morthoron
Curmudgeonly Wordwraith

Morthoron is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Morthoron is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Morthoron is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Morthoron is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Morthoron is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuor in Gondolin View Post
I am appalled by this April 1st prank played on PJ. Let me set
the record straight. PJ has never suggested making a
travesty of The Hobbit by having Bard behead Smaug with a
sword, that's just silly. He's going to stick with canon and show
Thranduil's son lopping his head off (that's Smaug, not Legolas, although...)
with a light saber (thereby
avenging the tragic slaying of his Laketown girlfriend by Smaug).
I must protest your snide insinuation that PJ will have Legolas slay Smaug over his girlfriend. That is simply preposterous. Everyone knows he will have an army of Rohirrim show up at Laketown to repay the Elves for showing up at Helm's Deep, even though there were no Elves at Laketown, nor had the events at Helm's Deep yet occurred. But this is The Sequel to Lord of the Rings, after all, and we must tie the films together. Therefore, for continuity's sake, the events of The Hobbit will be recast after the events of The Lord of the Rings to ensure that imbeclic filmgoers will not get confused by going backwards in time.