View Single Post
Old 01-22-2001, 05:20 AM   #25
lindil
Seeker of the Straight Path

lindil has just left Hobbiton.
Ring

<font face="Verdana"><table><TR><TD><FONT SIZE="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Shade of Carn Dûm
</TD><TD></TD></TR></TABLE>
the everevolving conceptions

&quot; And precisely one of the reasons I claimed that it would (in the end) be
the only 'fully' satisfactory 'canon' that could ever be presented, but we
are in essence talking a re-edited Sil here and now, not a 'canon' Sil.

probably true enough. I have found w/ every aspect of this project, that I have to re-examine each step at least 1X.

It could be canon in terms of the idea's /form's of story chosen , but re-edit interms of how the peices are put together.
I recall posting somewhere a month or so ago that there is something of a distinction between the final conceptions [idea canon] and the final possible literary story[text canon]
For the moment I see this as a tangle for a larger group to try and unknot.

My personal goal is to see [literally] all of the non-conflicting story material peiced together in as readable a fashion as possible.
W/ the current materials ,this is doable.

My goals w/ the project are to engage and in this trial run w/ the group of us and see where we go , and what we come up w/.
I def. know I will come out of it understanding the books far better than I do now, and a better idea of what is and isn't possible w/ editing/canon/FF and the like [ both of which will help w/ the per. goal].

lindil

</p>
The dwindling Men of the West would often sit up late into the night exchanging lore & wisdom such as they still possessed that they should not fall back into the mean estate of those who never knew or indeed rebelled against the Light.
lindil is offline   Reply With Quote