View Single Post
Old 07-15-2003, 02:17 PM   #96
elven maiden Earwen
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

elven maiden Earwen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to elven maiden Earwen
Shield

Ravenna sat inside cutting cloth. She hadn’t gotten much done today as she was distracted by the lively music playing outside. She hadn’t been to the Farmer’s Market in a while and couldn’t wait to be let out for their afternoon break. Ravenna looked down at her scissors. They weren’t cutting well and Ravenna noticed they had a dull edge. Just then Annawyn entered carrying a basket of the items she bought.

“Girls” Annawyn said clapping three times to get their attention. “Go outside and get some fresh air, but I expect you to be back soon” she said dismissing them.

“Annawyn, my scissors edge is blunt and do not cut well. I need to get them fixed.” Ravenna said.

“Yes you do.” Annawyn said studding the scissors. “Go to Laevin's booth in the market. He is a smith and will repair them for you”.

“Yes Madam.” Ravenna said before hurrying off with Mellaith towards the market.
The streets were filled with people, walking around getting their supplies for the week. Young children chased each other as the adults wandered around stopping to make their purchases. The girls smiled and giggled as they made their way down the streets.

“Mellaith, I have to stop to get my scissors fixed” Ravenna said as she pointed towards a booth. They headed towards the booth. A man stood helping his customers.

“Hello, Laevin are you not? Ravenna asked.

“Yes I am, and how may I help you on such a fine day?”

“Annawyn sent me to get my scissors sharpened” Ravenna said handing them to Laevin.

“They will be ready soon.” Laevin said as he watched Ravenna dropped a few coins into his hand. “Thank you”. Ravenna and Mellaith walked off.

“Ravenna look!” Mellaith exclaimed.” It’s Bellawyn”. She quickly ran over to wear Bellawyn stood holding a basket; she used to fill with her purchases.

“Bellawyn! I haven’t seen you in forever” Mellaith said as she greeted her old friend. “What are you doing here?”

“My mum sent me to do the weekly purchasing.” She said a wide smile on her face. “You want to help?” the girls agreed with eager smiles as they followed Bellawyn down the street. They bought fruits and vegetables and meat and poultry. They saw all kings of things such as beautiful jewelry and clothing. The girls purchased some small trinkets. Soon they knew they should be heading home, so they bid Bellawyn goodbye and headed home.

“My scissors!” Ravenna exclaimed
remembering that she hadn’t picked them up. The two girls hurried to Laevin’s booth.

“Excuse me sir. Are my scissors ready?”

“I was starting to believe you had forgotten about them” he said as he turned around and handed them to her. “Here they are.”

“Thank you” she said as she and Mellaith scurried home. Just in time she thought as they made it home. The rest of the girls were just getting back too.