View Single Post
Old 07-21-2003, 03:01 AM   #108
Taralphiel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Taralphiel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Taralphiel
Shield

Lachlan looked at the list with a frown. All his deliveries had been made, and now it was time to pick up some things from the markets. Stumbling through the small spaces, and in and out of small stalls. Cursing lightly, he scanned the list. 'Ive never been good at finding these places. At this rate Ill be here till it closes!'

He was staring at the list when something hit his foot. Looking down he saw a small basket, that had scattered spices where it fell. Looking forward he saw a small girl being roughly handled by a stumbling drunkard. Narrowing his eyes, he tucked his list away and picked up the basket.

Strolling over he smiled and said 'I think you may have dropped this Milady' The girl turned to him pleadingly, and he nodded at her. Taking the drunks wrist, he shrugged his grip off the girl, and she stumbled backwards. The man made an attempt at a snarl and mumbled 'Mind yer own business boy, or I'll show you...'

'Show me what, old man' Lachlan said with slight irritation in his voice. 'You can barely stand, let alone put up enough of a fight. Let the lady be, and I'll think of doing the same to you' He seemed not to understand him, and tried to push his way through. Lachlan shoved at his shoulder, and he moved back. 'Save your strength boozer, youre out leagued in your state' He threw the man a spare coin, and walked out of the alley.

The girl was kneeling on the ground, trying to pick up the stray spice sachets she had dropped, but her shoulders were shaking heavily. Kneeling down, Lachlan placed her hand on her shoulder and said 'I hope he didnt rough you up miss. Allow me to give you some help' He took the last of the half open packets and put it back in her basket. He helped her up and said 'My name is Lachlan, and theres no need for tears miss. He wont bother you now'....