View Single Post
Old 01-08-2008, 12:20 AM   #767
Child of the 7th Age
Spirit of the Lonely Star

Child of the 7th Age is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Gwathagor,

"Assassin's Creed"? Hmm.

Sorry for my denseness. I need some help here. I'm very familiar with the historical Assassins, hired Shi'ite killers of the middle ages who allied with Saladin during the Crusades. I've also heard of the recent videogame Assassin's Creed, which features an imaginery assassin, but I've never played it. I'm not sure how either of these relate to hovering between life and death.

I'm also not sure about a post-death metaphysical/dream struggle in the context of Tolkien. The author is so adament about no one knowing where men go when they leave the circles of the world. I suppose there's the possibility of some dead souls hanging on within Arda like the men of Dunharrow in LotR, or the houseless Elves. But again I'm not sure how this would relate to Khandr. You need to convince me that this is believable within the context of Middle-earth before we start to post. I have no problem with unconventional, but it needs to fit loosely within the context of Tolkien. If you can explain in those terms, I'm more than willing to have Khandr adapt.