View Single Post
Old 06-11-2003, 12:55 PM   #22
Manardariel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Manardariel has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

My Middle-Earths:

1)My backyrad is very elven...kind of. My favourite place is under this big, ancient cherrytree. Itīs so peacefull: you hear the wind rustle in the trees, birds sing and, in spring, petals fall all over you. Itīs so beautiful, and very devine, in a way. I read the Sil out there last summer, and re-read LotR just now. Itīs the best place to read, ever.

2)This sounds pathetic, but my cityīs ice-skating rink lies totally in the open. We always call it Helcaraxe, and skate around going "We shall find the lands of Middle- Earth! We shall proceed!"

3)Last year, in France we fund this little, sleepy bay... I called it the Grey Havens, only there werenīt any boats. It was soo beautiful, and very elven. Youīd keep expecting this boat appearing before you...but it never did. [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]

For me, every place tha holds a little magic is a Middle Earth place. It doesnīt have to look like Rivendell, or anything. Itīs enough if thereīs a cresent smell in the air, or a creek where you donīt expect it. In my eyes, that is all part of Middle Earth.

[ June 11, 2003: Message edited by: Manardariel ]