View Single Post
Old 03-29-2002, 02:07 PM   #11
VanimaEdhel
Etheral Enchantress

VanimaEdhel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to VanimaEdhel Send a message via MSN to VanimaEdhel
Silmaril

Balrogs were originally Spirits of Fire (probably still were) and then Melkor corrupted them...if that is of any help. So: they probably didn't need wings.

Legolas I believe was blondish (either dark blonde or a little lighter...most likely not really light, I think). His father was blonde, so I thought he would probably be, since that was the only description we are given by Tolkien. We may have been told about his mother, if he were different from his father.

Tom? Tom is...Tom. I do not know if anyone, save maybe the Valar and Eru, know exactly what Tom is (maybe not even Tolkien). He is no man and he is all men. He is living and he is spirit...he is all and nothing.

The entwives are...who knows where. I thought they would resolve that in LotR (I thought they would be found near the Shire or something), but they didn't. The entwives are...elsewhere. Maybe they...opened a portal into our world and are terrorizing young sheep (for all I know, they could be). Or they are working at McDonald's or something...

[ March 30, 2002: Message edited by: VanimaEdhel ]