View Single Post
Old 04-25-2021, 05:38 PM   #98
Formendacil
Dead Serious

Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Send a message via AIM to Formendacil Send a message via MSN to Formendacil
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huinesoron View Post
... but we know he's /not/ the Seer, because per the Night 3 Tidbit we know Lottie is the only Gifted who's received votes.

It's vague enough to be deniable, but I think BoroWolf just gave himself away. Hopefully Form catches it!
Formerdacil did not catch it. I spent way too much mental energy tunnel-visioned in on finding acceptable quotes that I forgot to... play the game. I.e. to take what I knew (who couldn't be a Gifted) and translate that to the game in front of me.

Quote:
I can probably be around pretty close to Deadline, so I'm available for tie-breaking duty. I'm shocked we haven't had anything more Seerish than ShadowBoro - has the Seer not done the maths, or do they think the Sally vote is a good one? Or... some other reason?

Still, looks like Form's having fun.
Got the "looks like fun" comment a lot on the Game thread too--and it is, but it's also a step up in terms of work. I would have been more silent than I was (and presumably even less effective) if it hadn't been a weekend: not because of time contraints. I ended up being around a fair bit, but the big different weekday to weekend is that finding quotes and copying them would have been WAAAAAY more of a pain on my phone.

Quote:
AHA! No you most definitely are not, and Form needs to say so ASAP.
Form needed to realise this and he 100% hadn't. Cluelessness doesn't end in the afterlife.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galadriel55 View Post
Ah, yes! Thoughts on Ghost. Anything that should be modified before the next haunting?
I don't know that there's anything I'd modify. Big fail on my part losing sight of the "full sentences" bit, though perhaps my failure to realise "anyone who has been voted for ≠ a Gift" balanced out my unwitting cheating.

It really is an experience being "Dead but trapped in the world of the Living" and barred from passing on to the "Place of the Dead" (thread). I think part of my tunnel vision--besides the never ending quest to find a way to express myself and my knowledge in quotes--had something to do with being as diligent as possible about not entering the Dead Thread while I was the Ghost. I gotta say, it really hammers home the extent to which this game relies on trusting our fellow players. I mean, we do, but the source of illicit info is RIGHT THERE. It's an honour system and it's pretty awesome.

It's harder than you think to find quotes, though it is pretty fun! I do wonder if The Letters might have been easier, but that didn't feel quite as sporting. It's Tolkien, but it isn't Middle-earth, if that makes sense.