View Single Post
Old 05-27-2004, 04:24 PM   #257
Aylwen Dreamsong
The Melody of Misery

Location: The Island of Conclusions (You get there by jumping!)...
Aylwen Dreamsong has just left Hobbiton.
Bellyn was not used to so many wonderful comments being directed towards her. She had already grown tired of blushing, but it came so easily. Bellyn decided her new goal would be to learn to take such comments and compliments in a stride. Bellyn was certainly not used to anyone calling her sweet or her voice lovely.

"If it pleases you and the Lord Amroth, then sing I shall, without hesitation!" Bellyn declared, smiling. She searched her mind for a song she knew, though she knew very few. There is that one song...the one mother used to sing... Bellyn thought, though her heart ached slightly at the memory. Still, Bellyn did not want to deny Liornung what he had asked of her. Her light alto voice started out timidly at first, but she grew in confidence when she thought that she had caught Amroth's attention. She hoped it calmed him, and even if it did no such thing, Bellyn felt better singing than she ever thought she could.

"Hark where the night is falling,
Hark hear the pipes a-calling!
Loudly and proudly calling down through the glen.
There where the hills are sleeping!
Now feel the blood a-leaping
High as the spirits of the old highland men...

Towering in gallant hand,
Gondor my mountain land!
High may your proud standards gloriously wave.
Land of my high endeavor,
Land of the shining river,
Land of my heart forever, Gondor the Brave.

High in the white-topped mountains,
Out by the purple highlands.
Brave are the hearts that beat beneath Gondorian skies.
Wild are the winds to meet you,
Staunch are the friends that greet you.
Kind as the love that shines from fair maidens eyes.
"

Bellyn sighed, feeling light-hearted and glad that Liornung had asked her to sing.