View Single Post
Old 07-12-2004, 03:27 PM   #381
mark12_30
Stormdancer of Doom

Location: Elvish singing is not a thing to miss, in June under the stars
mark12_30 has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via AIM to mark12_30 Send a message via Yahoo to mark12_30
Dec 24; dawn on the Anduin: Amroth

Morning of Dec. 24 ~ Erebemlin and Taitheneb

"I hope we are not a burden to his journey."

The young woman looked to the elves with sincere, child-like eyes. Erebemlin tipped his head to one side and studied her mortal face. He had not paid the humans much attention thus far, yet he did not think of them as burdens. Rather, he thought nothing of them. The elder had never cared much for the ways of Men. They acted too quickly, were too emotional, and did not pause long enough to see the true beauty of creation. Now this young pleasant looking woman sat before him with concern lining her small features…concern for his king.

Erebemlin had always thrown himself completely and utterly into his duty. Little attention had he ever paid to personal relationships that went beyond loyalty to his king and land.

Taitheneb, on the other hand, felt a twinge of sorrow at the thought of the young Bellyn considering herself a burden. He too tipped his head as he studied her pretty face, although, instead of the curiosity seen in Erebemlin’s eyes, the younger elf’s eyes twinkled and small creases formed at their corners. “Nay, my lady. You have been no burden.”

Bellyn looked away with her face newly flushed, and Taitheneb continued. “Your songs have been a comfort to Lord Amroth, and just look at the young man beside you.” Nethwador looked up, and his eyes darted from the elf’s face to Bellyn’s and back again. “Much of the eagerness to learn and be civil has been inspired by you, lady. Nay, you are not a burden…you are a blessing.”

*~*~*

Amroth opened his eyes and tried to sit up. A slight groan escaped him. Nethwador was at his side in an instant. Amroth rolled onto his stomach, and raised himself up to his hands and knees. His voice was hoarse, his face contorted. "What ails me this day? Have I not slept the night through?" Rather than stand, he sat back on his heels, with his hands on his knees. He took a deep breath, and steadied by Nethwador, looked around.

Taitheneb, Erebemlin, and lady Bella sat nearby.

He greeted each with a nod.

Nethwador, you lift me like a son his dotard father. Amroth frowned. Dotard? That was a mannish word. Where had that come from?

Erebemlin watched his lord carefully. But Amroth gazed at lady Bella, and began to smile at her. Leaning on Nethwador, he sat cross-legged, straightened and met Bella's eyes again. "Good morning, lady Bella. You are as welcome to my eyes this dawn as a wild rose. And that is well, for of flowers I have seen none since late autumn." He smiled again and studied her face as if he would draw it. Nethwador, beside him, followed his lead.

Bella dropped her eyes, and smiled. "Thank you, lord Amroth. Can I do aught to cheer you? A meal, perhaps?"

His brows furrowed for one moment. "Nay, Erebemlin or Taitheneb will bring us breakfast," he said, and Taitheneb rose. Amroth's smile returned. "You, lady, would give me great joy were you to sing. My soul is heavy with grief, and your song is like a south wind. Please, lady. Sing."

Last edited by mark12_30; 08-23-2004 at 10:40 AM.