View Single Post
Old 02-22-2009, 07:09 PM   #430
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Eodwine

"What can I do for you sir?" asked Harreld.

Randvér paused. Eodwine coughed uncomfortably into the breach.

"Well, it appears that you have something about which to talk," he said, glancing at Rand, Harreld, and Ginna in turn. "Saeryn and I will leave you to it, for we have much to prepare very quickly. Harreld, see me when you are done here and we will talk of the sword."

He and Saeryn left arm and arm.

"You and I need to go find Modtryth and have her take charge of the things we cannot. And then we should talk to Frodides to tell her we need no cake on such short notice, but she may do whatever she wishes and no more. Does that please you?"

"Well enough. I hope your friend Rand deals not too harshly with Harreld and Ginna." She looked over her shoulder with a worry in her eyes.

"I have watched Harreld change lately. I think he can handle himself. He is no mere lad, but a man full ready to fend for himself and another should he choose."

They came upon Modtryth who had apparently just dismissed Balvir, Matrim, and Lithor to some duty or other, Léođern in tow.

"And where have you sent them off to, Modtryth?" asked Eodwine.

"To pick slender branches and flowers for your wedding bower."

"Ah, yes. Speaking of which-" Eodwine said, but stopped, deferring to Saeryn with a gesture.