View Single Post
Old 06-01-2008, 08:19 PM   #171
alaklondewen
Song of Seregon

alaklondewen has just left Hobbiton.
Erebemlin raised his eyes briefly as the ranger and positioned the young girl nearby. He cared not of their nearness unless they interfered with the king’s work.

An icy breeze blew sharply around those that were seated on the hillside, lifting the elf’s golden hair behind him. The coldness of the air sharpened his senses but he saw the king (or more specifically, the body he wore) shiver and his muscles tense. Much still needed to be done if they were to save Nimrodel, but he was greatly concerned about his lord’s health and if the human’s body would hold under the stress of the weather and fire of Amroth’s spirit.

Lowering his eyes, Erebemlin re-entered Nimrodel but this time the beach was gone. The sound of the sea was not within reach, and Nimrodel was alone. Stone met her feet now…cold stone and dust.

Where are you going, my love? Amroth reached for her slender hand as she stumbled near, but as with her hair and sand, his hand passed through her.

Her gown was torn and her feet, hands, and face were covered in ash. She mumbled to herself but did not respond to Amroth.

My Lady, please hear me. I am here…Lovely, Lady, please.

Again, Nimrodel walked on without a word.

Nimrodel! I am here! Please, my love, hear my voice. Amroth’s voice rose with apprehension. Erebemlin reached out in mind and body and gave his king calm support.

Wait, my lord.

I cannot wait. She must hear me. She heard my voice before…

And she will hear it again, but you must not be overly distressed. Erebemlin wanted to remind the king of fevered body he wore outside this dream, but he stopped himself before going further.