Eowyn Skywalker
Shade of Carn Dûm

Eowyn Skywalker has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via Yahoo to Eowyn Skywalker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Earendilyon
Summary?

Heh.

On topic. I played a game once called Petals Around the Rose. You can find it on google. The basic thing is just that it throws the dice and you can answer the number answer. But to get it right, thinking scientifically and logically only sets you to really losing your sanity.

But when you look at the game without thinking logically, it comes clear in moments.

In the same manner, I believe that Tolkien may very well have masked bits and pieces and perhaps little clues into his writing about the Entwives. I'm a skim reader and cannot offer incredibly wise quotes and scientific manner, but I can offer this. Tolkien never intended on making his writings into such an exceedingly deeply debated arguement. He wasn't trying to write allegory into everything. I forget the source for that idea. But yet, it's heavily inspired by myths and such.

It's quite possible to assume that there could very well be hidden findings. Easter eggs, shall we say?

Which leads me to another theory. Why weren't there five rings of power, and if there were, did the entwives receive them? Maybe they're invisible, the remaining entwives stalking the eaves of Middle-earth, searching their entish husbands with mournful voices...

(cough)

I intend on rereading the Two Towers in exceeding detail now. Oh, goody. Just what I wanted to do. ^_^

But I love the theories concerning the idea of Tolkien's wife. But an idea—is it explicitly said, anywhere, that entwives looked exactly like Ents?
Eowyn Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote