View Single Post
Old 06-15-2004, 07:33 AM   #195
Amanaduial the archer
Shadow of Starlight

Amanaduial the archer has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Amanaduial the archer
Silmaril Coromswyth

Fordim -

Ok Durelin, I know I said I wouldn't, but man, some people have a stereotypical image of me playing an elf, so heck, I'll live up to that stereotype and play an elf! *strikes heroic pose* And what are you apologising about?

To play the female ambassador from Lorien

1.) Have you ever played in an RPG at the Barrow Downs? - Yes: Lets Have The Party Here!, Rivendell RPG, The Undying Lands, The Crimson Sword, New Mirkwood RPG, An Audience With The King, Cirith Ungol, Shadows Of Umbra, Roll Out The Barrels, Wolf Run, Brotherhood: a story from the last Alliance, Kidnapped!, Search for the Lost Messenger, Escape From Nurn, The Green Dragon, Gondorian House Call, The Ambassador’s Son, The Green Dragon, A Ride To The Dark Side, Last Hope for Moria, Legacy of Traitors

2.) How many RPG’s on the Barrow Downs are you currently involved in? – None! But I have one coming up in starting in July.

3.) Have you posted in The Green Dragon Inn or in The White Horse in Rohan? - Yes, both.

NAME: Coromswyth (koh-ROm-swith)

RACE: Silvan elf

WEAPONS: Coromswyth is not a warrior, although she has often given advice concerning battle technique to the elf captains before they went into battle. However, she is able to handle weapons more than aptly. Her weapon of choice is a bow and arrows. Her bow is elegantly carved with a pattern of simbelmyne leaves and flowers, and made of yew, making it supple and less stiff to draw back and shoot with than some made of heavier woods, allowing the archer to focus more on accuracy whilst still maintaining a force only a little lower than that possible with heavier bows. She is used to shooting from a standing or riding position. She also carries a slim, lightweight dagger strapped on the inside of her left wrist, and a sword in the sheath on the saddle of her horse.

APPEARANCE: Coromswyth is not at all vain, but all who see her are immediately aware of her beauty. Her hair, like Ambarturion’s, is dead straight and jet black and most usually worn in a plaited half-ponytail or loose, and reached about halfway down her back. Her hair frames a face whose almost alabaster skin refuses to darken or burn even in the brightest sun, and her bone structure is defined but fine. Her sharp eyes are grey-blue. She is of about average height among her kind, standing at about 5ft 8, and her build is willowy but strong. Being not a warrior, and being on an ambassadorial mission, Coromswyth of course wears ladylike garb, her dresses beautifully made but quite simple, being only for travel for the time being, but the colours are strong. Her travelling garb is of green and light grey, with a wide skirt to allow her to ride easily. They are not particularly heavy, as the extra weight would be impractical, and all have long sleeves – they cover the hidden dagger at her wrist.

PERSONALITY/STRENGTHS/WEAKNESSES: Coromswyth's self-conciousness can sometimes make her seem younger than she is, although she has little to be self-concious of really. She is of high birth and rank among the elves, and is admired by many for her knowledge on one level, and her beauty on the other, although she does not yet intend to marry, wishing to travel first, knowing that her time on Middle Earth grows ever shorter with each passing minute, sand running rapidly through her fingers though she tries to grasp it. The futility irritates her and sometimes she seems despairing, knowing she will never be able to see all that she has studied and take one of the ships to the Havens. For Coromswyth is a scholar, thought of as wise because of all she has studied and the way she holds herself, although this is of course different from the wisdom of the Noldor and the other ancients of the elves who remain in Lorien, and she would never profess herself to her so. She has studied especially the histories and manners of the people of Middle Earth, not only the elves, battle technique being an area that caused her to be picked as one of the ambassadors, although she prefers those topics less warlike. Another prime reason would be the approachability of the elf and the fact that she will always listen to what another has to say, even if she disagrees. In a debate or arguement, all self-conciousness vanishes from the elf and she becomes alive, vigorous and sharp, her persuasive and oratory skills strong and powerful. However, she has travelled widely in her years, and has not solely confined herself to studies, for she takes the opinion that there are also more important things, however much she devours all information, and has also devoted herself at times to more ‘practical’ studies: she has a love of singing, and of beautiful things. Mostly she is quite quiet, fair of voice and often light hearted, quietly curious to everything and, for this reason and others, always astute, watchful to everything.

HISTORY: Coromswyth, and her twin brother Merydhan, were the only children of a scout and a warrior, both high ranking and respected. Merydhan followed their mother and father, becoming a warrior, and his agility and strength, inherited from their parents, were quickly embellished by the skill he quickly developed with weapons, and he rose quickly, being sent out on missions unusually soon. However, Merydhan had inherited something else from their father: pride. In 2509, when an ambush in the Redhorn pass attacked Celebrian when journeying to Lorien, Merydhan took on more than he should have done one day, refusing to retreat and fighting until the very end, standing beside their father, although there was no need. Pride killed both of them, her brother not five hundred years old at the time.

It was a terrible blow to both Coromswyth and her mother, who withdrew from her position as a scout. Her mother and father’s love had been so passionate and strong always, both feeling all emotion so strongly, and they had passed it on to their children. But despite the grief that gripped her so strongly that she would barely eat or sleep, Coromswyth’s mother refused to let her daughter succumb to the same, and so she immersed Coromswyth in her studies of...anything, really. In her desperate attempt to escape the pain of losing the brother so close to her that they had communicated even without speaking often, Coromswyth devoured everything presented to her, and began to dwell on battle techniques and on Men, starting with the Easterlings who within a year had taken over the Redhorn pass, and the battle which had killed her brother. She studied every angle of it, but rather than become twisted and bitter about the poor organisation, the foolish politics and cowardly ambush the Easterlings had planned against the elves, Coromswyth’s fascination began to grow and, sensibly, she promised herself that if she could possibly help it, nothing of the sort would ever happen again.

Celebrian departed over the sea that same year, but not before she granted Coromswyth and her mother a chance to come with her, in gratitude for their family’s attempted protection with their lives. Ever fading in the constant reminder of her life with her passionate husband, Coromswyth’s mother took this opportunity, and in 2510 sailed to the Grey Havens with Celebrian. Although it was like losing another family member, Coromswyth decided to stay, to continue her studies, and she threw herself into them with ever more vigour. Her knowledge grew rapidly, as she had always been clever and was able to advance quickly, and she became a useful asset for the elves in various matters. Now, as Lorien was once more under threat, she presented herself to Galadriel and Celeborn as an Ambassador, for her knowledge would keep them steady and her persuasive prowess hopefully strengthen their cause.

~*~*~*~

Whew! Ok, I will add my first post probably later on today - apologies for the slight delay, she has taken me a fair while to write. I hope you approve, Durelin

- Aman

EDIT: I will have to post my first post seperately, as there are too many HTML markers in both together.

Last edited by Amanaduial the archer; 06-15-2004 at 09:13 AM.