View Single Post
Old 04-17-2004, 10:44 AM   #107
Aylwen Dreamsong
The Melody of Misery

Location: The Island of Conclusions (You get there by jumping!)...
Aylwen Dreamsong has just left Hobbiton.
Bellyn watched as Amroth left with Echo. Why does he leave if he knows we are to catch up with him anyway? Bellyn wondered, sighing. She gave a clueless look to Liornung, who continued to watch Amroth stride into the distance. "Maybe he wishes to be alone in his thoughts..." Bellyn said absent-mindedly, noticing that Ędegard watched Amroth exit as well, with an upset gaze and a frown upon his face. "Liornung?" Bellyn murmured, and he turned to her, a question in his eyes. "Do you think he wants us to catch him?"

"He told us we would catch him," Liornung replied, laying back down on his back and looking up at the stars.

"Maybe he just knows that we're going to follow him whether he wants us to or not," Bellyn mused aloud but to herself, not sure if Liornung would rather get his rest. "I don't suppose he wants us to follow him and catch up to him again as much as he wants to just find his love. Do you think we will be able to help him find her in the end, Liornung?"

"I think we are all here for a reason, and that is to help Amroth on his journey and learn from it ourselves, whether we find his loved lady or not," Liornung replied, smiling up at the sky. "Now, Miss Bellyn, I think we should use the time Amroth has given us to sleep, and ready ourselves for a full day tomorrow." Liornung rolled over and Bellyn assumed he was asleep or almost so.

"Bella," the artist said quietly. "My brothers called me that. Miss Bellyn is so formal," she pointed out, though Liornung was sleeping. Bellyn layed back and closed her eyes, wondering what would happen if they did see and meet the wanderers Liornung had mentioned and explained. He knew so much about them, and Bellyn wished that she knew as much as he did. Bellyn wondered where the travelling people had actually traveled. Maybe they have maps drawn, or stories of the faraway lands they have been to! Bellyn thought excitedly.

Last edited by Aylwen Dreamsong; 07-24-2004 at 07:09 PM.