View Single Post
Old 02-01-2003, 02:33 AM   #100
harlindon
Animated Skeleton

harlindon has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Ok, What is wrong with this generation(well the one ahead of me) They say that we aren't reading enough. They say we aren't reading anything worthwhile anymore. so when we find a set of books that we really like they ban it. Why, well I could see if peopel were bring books in and just sitting there reading in class toatally oblivious to the world that might make a few ppl mad. (heheh I did this, I was at a really cool part and I didn't want to wait.) I like Harry Potter also and my district was thinking about banning it. a lot of parents were complaning that there was demon worship in the books. Well if we are going to ban books with an evil charter in them that used supernatural powers, then why dont we get rid of all the movies too, right. Well that would mean buh bye to almost all of the Disney movies. Almost all cartoons, anything, and if we cant have an evil charater then we cant have a Christ like figure at all either, so all the books about religon would go all references to the Bible would also need to go, and taht is a lot almost every novel has that in it. so now I ask waht do we have left to read? Nothing, no master peices, nothing. That is what we would be left with, nothing. We would be a county or world with out knowledge, without a knowledge of what has shaped us as a country or world. We would never know the great authors, they all have these "taboo" subjects in them. My motto is go big or go home, and if you tryly wanted to ban books like LOTR or HP or anything elese you would, in return be banning all books,movies, and anything elese like that, and that is a scary though that there are people in this world who want that.