View Single Post
Old 09-03-2006, 12:53 PM   #96
The 1,000 Reader
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

The 1,000 Reader is still gossiping in the Green Dragon.
As the Morgul Lord rode through the gates, the White Rider confronted him.

Hiding in the rubble, a few soldiers of Gondor gained hope. Each muttered to each other what they were thinking. "We're saved! The White Rider will destroy this foe!" said one cheerful youth. "He has victory already!" said another, "He is other-worldly, he can defeat this entire army alone." "Foolish Mordor, do they really think that Gandalf could lose?" In reply, another warrior stated; "Gandalf is about to doom his foe. He has showed his generosity to us once more."

'Do this Gandalf, do that Gandalf, lead us because I'm crazy Gandalf. Oh, fight the un-dead magical warlord Gandalf, I'm sure you can beat him easily even though you said he could match you. Why do I end up doing everyone else's job? Who do they think I am, Eru?' With a sigh, Gandalf straightened himself on Shadowfax and prepared for his second death match.

The rest, as we all know, is history.
"And forth went Morgoth, and he was halted by the elves. Then went Sauron, who was stopped by a dog and then aged men. Finally, there came the Witch-King, who destroyed Arnor, but nobody seems to remember that."

-A History of Villains
The 1,000 Reader is offline   Reply With Quote