View Single Post
Old 05-17-2008, 06:42 AM   #13
Morwen
Shade of Carn Dûm

Morwen has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Girl in the Grass View Post
I don't think the dwarves' song will make it in, or any of the songs for that matter. As for Riddles in the Dark, I have a feeling it will be cut out entirely, with Bilbo just finding the ring, maybe a short confrontation with Gollum, and then getting out of the caves. Beorn's helper animals are probably going to be cut as well. I have a sneaky feeling the dungeons of Mirkwood are going to go the way of Tom Bombadil...
With respect to the Riddles in the Dark scene, I suppose that it might be shortened but not cut entirely. If you are going to have Gollum in the movie you might as well do his big scene. I would hope that they would want to portray some version of riddle game so that Bilbo can get to ask his famous non - riddle "what have I got in my pocket?" and Gollum will later get to voice his menacing query "What has its gots in its pockets?"

Last edited by Morwen; 05-17-2008 at 06:47 AM.
Morwen is offline   Reply With Quote