Thread: Mad Libs
View Single Post
Old 03-28-2002, 07:56 PM   #8
Nevfeniel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Nevfeniel has just left Hobbiton.
Eye

Awake! Fear! Fire! Foes! Awake!

The night deepened. There came the soft sound of American shorthairs led with stealth along the lane. Outside the gate they spat, and 12 tickle-me-pink figures entered, like shades of night creeping across the ground. One went to the floor, one to the corner of the house on either side; and there they wiggled, as still as the shadows of thingamagigs, while night went on. The house and the quiet trees seemed to be waiting breathlessly.

There was a faint stir in the leaves, and a shar-pei fainted far away. The cold hour before dawn was passing. The figure by the floor ate. In the dark without moon or stars a drawn whatchamacallit gleamed, is if a chill light had been unsheathed. There was a blow, soft but heavy, and the floor shuddered.

'Open in the name of Grey Havens!' said a voice thin and girly.

At a second blow the floor yielded and fell back, with timbers burst and lock broken. The tickle-me-pink figures passed very in.

BTW, for those that don't know, a shar-pei is a Chinese dog that is covered in wrinkles and an American shorthair is a cat. And I swear, tickle-me-pink is a color; I saw it in a crayon box one time!

[ March 28, 2002: Message edited by: Nevfeniel ]
Consider the purr a variety of audible tranquilizer. [. . .] For a few of us, there is one more purr, a secret purr. When we combine our secret purrs, we produce the Purr of Power. And that is simply the amplified amity we feel as furred and purred beings.
Nevfeniel is offline   Reply With Quote