Thread: Swan Wood - RPG
View Single Post
Old 03-06-2004, 08:34 PM   #232
Aylwen Dreamsong
The Melody of Misery

Location: The Island of Conclusions (You get there by jumping!)...
Aylwen Dreamsong has just left Hobbiton.
Cartil followed the tracks of Cuor and Laurel until he came to a thin line of foliage that seperated him from a struggle going on between the Wild Man and Laurel. Cartil supressed the urge to leap out and kill the man on the spot, waiting for the right time to strike. Cartil watched as the two struggled for a moment, holding his dagger and sword with a death-like grip.

"You musnt try that again my dear Laurel, or I will have little choice but to do away with you completely. I would rather live in darkness and have my life you see..."

That was it. Hearing Cuor say such things to Laurel made Cartil snap and lose all his patience and ability to wait calmly. He leaped out of the brush, swinging his blade blindly. It was lucky he only grazed Cuor's arm and did not hit Laurel in any way. This move and attack surprised Cuor into springing away and shoving Laurel forcefully out of his way.

Cartil wanted to see that Laurel was all right and that she was unharmed by Cuor, but his attention soon returned to the Wild Man. He'd recovered from his shock at the sudden attack, and moved to lung at his original attacker. Cartil blocked the blow of Cuor's blade, but just barely. Cuor was so much bigger, and Cartil was losing hope and vigor even during that first strike.

Taking one spare second to drop both his daggers to the ground behind him where Laurel was, Cartil hoped that Laurel would take the weapons and leave Cuor to him. Going back to his fight with Cuor, Cartil put all his strength into the next offensive strike. The results amazed Cartil, for Cuor was pushed back into a nearby tree. However, this only made Cuor more angry and ferocious. Cartil's enemy fought back twice as hard...