View Single Post
Old 09-16-2007, 07:03 PM   #34
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
I went back to read where things went awry from Helen's vision. It starts, as I expected, in one of my posts, #50. In it, Jorje has just joined Rugh when the unnamed rider (Mellonin/Avarien) crosses theirt path. Jorje gives chase, and the horse falls, and Mellonin falls, and then I have Saethryd's cottage just around the corner. This is where we would have to start repairing the rpg if we choose to.

The reason I say this is that I really don't want to mess with key points of Helen's vision for this. Turns out there were more key points than I had understood. Oh well.

I'm quite willing to make it somehow so that Saethryd lives near the Paths of the Dead. In order to achieve that, Rugh has to either be convinced to join the search party, or has to have some reason to follow it. It would have to be a pretty persuasive reason, because it would mean leaving the mountains and the woods and moving along the open road, or more slowly off the road. The change would have to come within post #50, #69 (another one of mine), and #70, which is Firefoot's post, following my lead, in which Rugh follows Jorje to Saethryd's cottage. Post #71 was vague on location and would not have to be changed. Post #72 would have to be changed, to include a rather longish journey toward Edoras, but that leads to a problem: how do the men know where to look for the women?

Also, #72 needs to explain the absence of Nethwador; but I have no idea why he's not with the group, plot-wise. Some help there?

More changes would need to be done later, but at this point I'm only making suggestions.

By the way, Helen, I think you mean that Nimrodel's connection to Tharonwe would draw her EAST, not WEST.

On the other hand, Mindolluin is much closer to the salt water and gulls than Erech is.