Thread: I Hate Feanor
View Single Post
Old 03-14-2014, 05:23 AM   #22
Pervinca Took
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Pervinca Took is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
No Feanor - no kinslaying, much less anguish - but no Silmarils and maybe no Palantiri - and no Feanorian script (although I'm sure others could provide one as good or nearly as good - I know far less about elvish scripts and tongues than, maybe, I ought). I know I'm stating the obvious about the complexity of so much good as well as evil coming from this one character. But perhaps the implications of this dichotomy go further still. No Feanor, no Celebrimbor ... in the absence of Feanor's grandson, would another have had the skill to fashion the Three Rings and imbue them with the particular power and protection (to a point) from the One that they had? Might there have been no Lothlorien or Rivendell? Or at least, no Lothlorien or Rivendell with the depth of strength and healing power they possessed in the book? Plus the implications for Narya and the sustained strength of Gandalf.

Last edited by Pervinca Took; 03-14-2014 at 01:36 PM.
Pervinca Took is offline   Reply With Quote