View Single Post
Old 06-01-2008, 03:06 PM   #741
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark12_30 View Post
Maybe it is the strength of Mithrellas herself, who caused Tharonwe to, ahem, forget.

The Valar caused Amroth to "forget" 1000 years of history, and waiting, a couple of times.

Tharonwe's been so busy torturing the important folks he forgot, or perhaps discounted, the quiet unassuming servants. If they're quiet and unassuming, they must be insignificant anyway. ...Just a thought or so. But I like the idea of Mithrellas hiding herself from Tharonwe, and "letting " him conveniently forget her.
I think it was the part about Mithrellas also forgetting her name; that would to me signify a weakness of spirit that wouldn't jibe with the strength I've come to see in her. I realize that the forgetting had to do with the curse, which I suppose I could allow to stand as it is, but somehow I just can't see Mithrellas giving in completely to such a curse.

I do like your idea about Mithrellas causing Tharonwe to forget about her amid all his concern about Amroth, Erebemlin, and Roy Edwards and Indil, even - which would be perfect irony.