View Single Post
Old 04-01-2004, 02:22 PM   #194
Everdawn
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: On the sand dunes outside of Ilium, watching it burn.
Everdawn has just left Hobbiton.
White-Hand

CARATHIR

Carathir’s mind was laden with thoughts as he watched the small form of his mistresses niece ride in front of him. She had, he observed, the same demeanour of her aunt. In the soft light he remembered how he came from death himself.

“My Lord.” Came the voice from the far side of the citadel. At once there was a slight murmur from the crowd, harsh whispers and hurried undertones before Elessar raised a hand to silence the crowd which had gathered at court. A woman strode forward and bowed. She was in her forties, but he could not be sure, for there was something within her eyes which made her look young, and then there was something which had eroded her very soul.

“Lady Il Galoth” he remarked, giving her permission to speak.

“This boy my Lord, Why should he be put to death for being who he is? An Easterling, nay, he is a man, a man like all of you.” She laid a gentle hand on his shoulder.

“Then what would you in your wisdom have me do with him Lady Lysia? Let him away to form another alliance and another chance to overthrow the West?” Elessar answered.

“Like Guriel? Like he who slain my husband? No my lord, I would not. Let him come to my estate, there I shall make him learned in the ways of western men.”

“Lady Lysia- ”

“Please Lord! He is a child!” The women would not let him go.

“Very well Lady Il Galoth, he may be your charge.”

Lysia had been hard in her teachings, but never had he seen anyone with so kinder heart and passion for living. Maén as he had seen in the years he resided at Lysia’s shared them. So brighter child that she was Lysia’s pride; however scorned she was by her parents.

He to had been scorned; Scorned by everyone from the street sweeper to the king himself. Everywhere he went he knew there would be those who would follow him with their eyes, and he hated them for it. Carathir turned his sight from the Gondorian woman and spat upon the ground. The pure Gondorian woman, with her high blood, her noble brow and her powerful family; the same clan of men who were responsible for the downfall of the east. He would see to it that they would rise again, and if Maén Il Galoth could lead him to her renegade cousin, he may well in fact help him. Then he would slay the pretty Gondorian himself and pour her blood upon the steps of Elessar’s citadel for all of the west to see.

Last edited by Everdawn; 04-02-2004 at 03:52 AM.