View Single Post
Old 03-13-2004, 10:18 AM   #159
Hama Of The Riddermark
Shade of Carn Dûm

Hama Of The Riddermark has just left Hobbiton.
Roryn watched as Atharen rode back into the leaves, eventually he saw his green cloak disappear round a corner he had taken, and he wheeled his horse round. Maen should know...his horse cantering as fast as it could do through the dense undergrowth he ducked down close to its neck, protecting him from any low branches.

As he entered a small clearing he saw Maen, Crystal, Idruil and Carathir. Maen, seeing he was alone, looked glumly at the ground. Crystal let out a subconcious sob, Idruil rested his head in his hands, and the tiniest of smiles played across Carathir's face. Roryn flashed a quizzical glance at him, but didn't catch it.

Kneeling down next to the two women, he whispered in Maen's ear. "Atharen still lives, he went back to look for Ferethor, who we lost on the way here. I suspect they are both alive...we lost Delphinious.."

Maen nodded grimly, obviously trying to hold back a sob of her own. "He fought bravely Maen, he fought and killed many foes. He gave us time to go, and we repaid him duly for that...Atharen knows as well as I what Haradrim do to prisoners, and we knew Del would have appreciated a quick death..."his voice trailed off as he too fought back images of Del's death. "He died well, Maen, and his spirit will find its way to the great halls." Maen nodded slowly, and Roryn laid a hand on her back. "Yes, now is a time for grief, Maen. I will not stop you or tell you that it is not..."

He stood up slowly and walked back over to his horse. He mounted it. "I will watch in the forest for signs of Atharen. With hope, he will not be delayed much."

He turned his horse around and trotted back into the forest. Maen could still see him, just. The brown hair of his horse's tail was swishing, and Maen guessed that he too was trying to hide his grief, trying to drown his sorrows in mundane things...

Last edited by Hama Of The Riddermark; 03-13-2004 at 11:36 AM.