View Single Post
Old 09-08-2003, 05:49 AM   #27
arianrod
Wight

Location: Wandering Hobbiton, smiling at the hobbits & trying to sell them vacuum cleaners
arianrod has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to arianrod
Shield

Quote:
Is someone going to get back to me about the school holidays you guys have in America or what???
Hmmm... I thought I did. Here's my post from the last thread:
Quote:
We get a day off for Columbus day, Martin Luther King Jr.'s birthday (Feb. I think), about a week and a half off for the winter holidays and New Year's, a little less than a week for Thanksgiving (in November), Labor Day (September), and Memorial Day (May). I think that's all we take off for, but we also celebrate Verterans' Day and Presidents' Day without taking school off.
Followed by Brinniel's post...
Quote:
I get President's Day off. And then I get two weeks off in the winter, one week in the spring, and several other days off spread throughout the year, called Teacher's In Service Day (which means there's a slight chance I might have school off Oct. 20, 2005 and I'll actually be able to participate in the marathon).
There ya go, Elentári! ^_^

I just had an idea! We should all invite Tolkien newbies (friends you have that haven't seen the EE yet) over to our houses to experience the LotRness with us. And we can serve Lembas as appetizers! ^_^
arianrod is offline   Reply With Quote