View Single Post
Old 08-04-2004, 05:29 AM   #264
Nerindel
Spirited Weaver of Fates

Nerindel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Nerindel Send a message via MSN to Nerindel Send a message via Yahoo to Nerindel
Sorona

Nodding modestly Latah gestured for both her and Surinen to be seated. Taking the place offered her she looked upon a generous supper of cooked meats, cheeses and freshly baked breads. The delicate aroma of the spices filled her senses, and she knew she had truly returned to the place of her birth. Latah proving to be the host her cousin boasted her to be graciously helped her fill her plate and then poured her a bowl of fresh goats milk another taste of the desert that she realised she had missed. Before eating, she bowed her head and gave thanks to the spirits of their ancestors, asking them to bless and watch over Latah and her family, for the kindness they had shown this weary messenger.

As they ate, Surinen and Latah made pleasant conversation about the weather, trade and the general musings of the day’s events. Sorona listened intently, but soon her mind wandered as she struggled to piece together the missing segments of her life. That Ayar was clan leader could only mean that her father had passed on from this life, a fresh pang of regret tugged at her heart and although she knew he would not have passed on alone and unloved she regretted not having been able to tell him how much she loved and admired him. He was a kind and loving father and a wise leader, she missed him dearly!

“Are you feeling alright Sorona?” Latah asked, concern sweeping her delicate features as she caught the forlorn sigh of the eagle.

“What, eh no my apologies, I was thinking of my father,” Sorona smiled apologetically.

“Forgive me for prying but my cousin tells me that he thinks you are of our clan, perhaps your father is here, I could find out for you if you like?” Latah offered.

“I thank you for your kindness, Latah but I do not think you will find him. I have been gone such a long time and he was not a young man when I ….” Sorona paused for a moment as she remembered the circumstances of her departure, “left,” she finished pushing the horror of that day away and forcing a smile in hopes of masking her pain.

“But come there is no need for such talk at dinner, I would hear of what I have missed these past twenty years, tell me do the old tellers still visit to share their wisdom and pass on the tales of the past, so much has changed that I feel a stranger among my own people.” Sorona smiled warmly, recalling her times spend wide-eyed listening raptly to the old teller’s tales.

Last edited by Nerindel; 08-11-2004 at 06:24 PM.