View Single Post
Old 12-19-2008, 08:02 PM   #236
Groin Redbeard
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Groin Redbeard is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Groin Redbeard is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilly View Post
Perhaps I missed it, but - how many Dwarves are we thinking there are in Khazad-dum at present? And what would be the breakdown into #'s of men, women, children, do you think?
I have read somewhere that the usual ratio for men to women with Dwarfs are 3/1, and the same with children. I don't know about y'all but I would say that that ratio would be greater in favor of the men in Moria, especially since it was considered a dangerous place. I think that the ratio would be 5/1 in this case, with almost no kids, the twins and grandchildren are probably some of the few that the dwarves brought with them. What I'm saying isn't set in stone, I'm just thinking out-loud here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilly
Also - is it a foregone conclusion that every one of the Dwarves in K-d dies? Any wiggle room there?
No wiggle room! Everyone must die! Daaark RPG here!

If we were to use this idea the only time that I think it probable is when the Dwarves try to exit the Hollin Gate and a few get past the Watcher in all the confusion. Although, this would mean that those survivors could not get in-touch with any civilization in the nearly sixty years that elapse between the fall of Balin and the coming of the Fellowship. If they were to come in contact with anyone I am sure that they couldn't help but spill the beans on the whole matter. Not to say that we couldn't do this, just thinking out-loud again.