Thread: The White Horse
View Single Post
Old 11-22-2002, 02:49 PM   #26
Galadel Vinorel
Shade of Carn Dûm

Galadel Vinorel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Galadel Vinorel Send a message via Yahoo to Galadel Vinorel
Silmaril

“So, you see,” said Galadel as she finished telling her story to her eager listeners, as Elwyn wrapped her injured arm, “I was stranded, without food, until I finally arrived here today in Rohan.”

“You mean that you haven’t eaten in a week!” cried out Amanaduail as she sat opposite her old friend telling her exciting and terrifying tale of her adventure. When Galadel nodded, Amanaduail immediately called over the cook and asked for a meal for the hungry elf.

Elwyn then turned to Galadeland said, “You are very lucky to be alive, my lady.”

Galadel quickly jerked upright as Elwyn finished her statement and said quietly, in a strange, raspy voice, “Please, call me Galadel.”

“Very well, Galadel. And my name is Elwyn.” said the surprised elf.

Galadel smiled and stretched out her non-injured arm, “It is a pleasure to make your acquaintance, Elwyn, and thank you for bounding my arm. I was not able to do it myself in the wilderness. You are a very skilled healer.”

As Elwyn smiled gratefully from the compliment, Galadel sharp eyes caught a flicker of movement in one of the corners of the room, and turning she saw a man and a woman sitting there looking very lonely and sad. “Who are those two people in the corner, Amanaduail?” asked Galadel as she gazed curiously at the two lonesome travelers.
“Words can never convey the incredible impact of our attitude toward life. The longer I live the more convinced I become that life is 10 percent what happens to us and 90 percent how we respond to it." -Charles R. Swindoll