View Single Post
Old 09-15-2010, 09:41 PM   #74
Morthoron
Curmudgeonly Wordwraith

Morthoron is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Morthoron is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Morthoron is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Morthoron is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Morthoron is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
Originally Posted by alatar View Post
Peter Jackson's "The Lord of the Rings" trilogy was on TV again this past weekend. Strangely, I found that, for once, I *couldn't* watch it. Not sure why.

It's like I was actively trying to avoid it, almost as if to continue watching would be painful in some way. A reminder of how much time has past since it was released? The differences between the books and the movies?

Thoughts?
My daughter was watching it for awhile on TV, but in between the thousands of commercials (damnable Orkish marketers!) I just watched while doing other things. And it was not the extended version, rather, it was the movie version, so there was no Mouth of Sauron when the Black Gates opened. I also watched the infamous 'green scrubbling bubbles' scene, and it was just as irritating as the last time I saw it. Great cinematography, great bigatures, but deplorable scripting.

Funny thing, I can watch Lawrence of Arabia, another movie with remarkable cinematography, once a year, but I can't even sit through Return of the King.