View Single Post
Old 01-17-2008, 01:25 PM   #6
A Little Green
Leaf-clad Lady

A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to A Little Green
My first thought was of Lothlórien, but then I realised that there actually is one place in Middle-Earth I love very dearly. Ithilien.

There is something oddly wild and sweet in the land. I especially love it because of its location so close to Mordor. No, don't get me wrong. I wouldn't fancy Sauron as a neighbour or anything. Instead, I think that the presence of the Evil so near makes Ithilien's pride and beauty much more important, much more intriguing and much more, well, fair and sad. Also, I think one of the most beautiful quotes in LotR is one sentence describing it:
Quote:
Ithilien, the garden of Gondor now desolate kept still a dishevelled dryad loveliness.
It's almost prettier in Finnish but I won't quote it here since only a few would understand it.
"But some stories, small, simple ones about setting out on adventures or people doing wonders, tales of miracles and monsters, have outlasted all the people who told them, and some of them have outlasted the lands in which they were created."
A Little Green is offline   Reply With Quote