View Single Post
Old 06-17-2004, 06:09 PM   #316
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Tolkien Raefindan

"Where are Mellonin and Gwyllion?" Raefindan asked.

He was greatly relieved at the presence of Ravion and Aeron, and was pleased that they were getting along well; at least, as well as could be expected. Raefindan suppressed a chuckle at Aeron's I say. But Raefindan's mood was not light. This Elf had invaded his mind, and showed him things he wished he did not know. But of greatest concern was the safety of the women. Or girls. He would have to ask them what they wished to be called, then laughed at himself at the obvious answers: Mellonin and Gwyllion. A rose by any other name and all that.

Ravion answered him. "They wait for us some way back."

"It is not safe to leave them so," Raefindan said, flicking a glance at the most unsafe creature he could remember having met, which wasn't such a great stretch considering his general loss of memory. In fact, the only person he had to compare the Elf to was the merchant, who was small fries compared to the Elf. Small fries? What were fries? No image came to mind to provide a clue. He struggled to his feet. "We need to go back and find them." He eyed the Elf.

"Go on with you then, and take your foolish, mannish hungers with you. You shall not die, though these your friends almost killed you."

"Almost killed!" Aeron was on his feet in a moment. "You do not know the circumstances! You have no right to judge!"

"Pray do not tell me your so called sir come stances, for I care not how you humans name each other, nor how you come and go, nor where you stand, as long as it is outside the walls of my home."

Raefindan grinned at Aeron's use of the word. That which surrounds the current stance. He knew that he could never explain how such a word could mean such a thing, but there it was, and he agreed with the Elf this time.

"Let us leave here, friends."

"Aye," said Ravion. "We came to find you and Gond-"

"And Jorje!" Aeron grinned.

Ravion smirked. "-and Jorje, and have found the three of you. Let us return to Mellonin and Gwyllion."

Ravion led them outside.