View Single Post
Old 07-08-2003, 01:26 AM   #289
Beruthiel
Shade of Carn Dûm

Beruthiel has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Quote:
Where do all of you find the time?
I always read before I sleep, I can't sleep properly if I haven't! And if I'm far enough into a book, I usually stay up and finish it... Harry Potter for example, read it in two days, hardly slept at all that weekend!
Quote:
has anyone else noticed that the front cover is really completely useless and only related to the title rather than the actual book
JK Rowling didn't give the illustrator any details at all about what the story was, she only gave him an idea of what she wanted on the cover and that was it, I think she was afraid that they would spill the beans and make a profit by ruining the story...

Anyway, back on topic I started reading this fantasy series by Isobelle Carmody, I don't think their very famous and I've only read the first book (Obernewtyn...Took me a while to realise how to pronounce it) and its really quite good but my friends tell me that the rest in the series are much better.

Other than this series, Harry Potter and LoTR of course I haven't really found any other fantasy or even sci-fi books that have caught my eye. I did try to read a Star Wars book but it bored me out so quickly I haardly got through the 2nd chapter... [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]