View Single Post
Old 07-27-2003, 01:25 AM   #32
Snowdog
Emperor of the South Pole

Snowdog is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Pipe

I like the way you two think! First Posts go here in the planning thread, and they and the kick-off post should cover any significant historical events that may pertain to the RP before the time of its start. The events as posted in the Green Dragon should be included in a fashon to give this story continuity.

As for pre-existing conditions on the other Rangers, they are few and leave plenty of room for the writers to do with them what they will. As to how/when Hanasían meets them, I would like to leave it up to thw writwers of their parts as to whether I meet them on my way back from Bree, or they are already at the Forsaken when he returns.

The layout looks good, but lets keep the specifics somewhat flexible as to how they happen.

"Kaldir (he hasn't figured this out yet) is beginning to fall for Benia."

Does that mean Hanasían doesn't have a chance? [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] just kidding. Could stir up some interesting developments.

As for the rest of the forum pre-plan, here is what I am thinking.

Title: Shadow of the Past

Historical Background: With the downfall of Sauron, evil fled disorganized before the might of the West, but there were surely some who, having been corrupted, still stirred here and there, especially true of lands long under the grasp of Mordor. This story is an account of one such encounter in the years after the War of the Ring.

Basic Storyline: Servants of the King pursue the evil in the lands, and here a few Dúnedain Rangers, veterans of the war, pursue one who has stirred troubles about the lands but remained elusive... Naiore. Others become entangled in her trail as well, both with her and against her, and it moves on through twists and turns to a final showdown.

The purpose of the story is to: Bring Naiore to justice.

This means we will know the story is over when: Naiore is captured or killed, and is brought to Rivendell.

Starting Location: Forsaken Inn

Likely destination: Rivendell

Timeframes:

This RP takes place in: the Fourth Age, year 12 with this storyline starting in Midsummer and covers a span of a... month? 6 weeks, more? less?

This RP requires a time commitment of: a couple months (I say to a proper conclusion whatever it takes) from the major players.

I should leave all this up to Elasaid, but I had to lay down some bits for my mind to relate to. Being this grew out of the Green Dragon, I think its right to have it the same timeframe.

Anyway... I'm off to bed. This all looks good so far. I only hope the RP goes well and we not get hung up on too many small details.

[ July 27, 2003: Message edited by: Snowdog ]