View Single Post
Old 01-04-2008, 03:28 PM   #30
Kitanna
Child of the West

Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
As her relations sat down to enjoy Melilot's tea, Peony tapped Mira on the shoulder, signaling to the door. If Mira was to join in on the adventure, Bunny and Tansy would have to be informed.

"I'm going to see if I can catch my friends before they get too far off." Peony whispered and quietly slipped out the door. Her sudden disappearance after just entering caused Rudy to raise an eyebrow at her strange behavior.

Once outside Peony took off at a sprint. Tansy and Bunny wouldn't have gotten too far from her home, but she didn't want to be away any longer than she needed to be. Peony could see the small figures of two hobbit lasses on the road ahead, no doubt these were the two she was searching for. Peony picked up her speed.

"Bunny! Tansy!" She called. The two turned and waved. Peony stopped before them, bending over to catch her breath.

"Have we been discovered?" Bunny's face turned white. She imagined the only reason Peony was running so fast was to give them bad news.

"No," Peony gasped, "I wanted...to catch you," she stopped, taking a few deep breaths before continuing. "My cousin, Mira, overheard our plans and wants to join us. I said yes, but I wanted to let you know before we set out."

"The more the merrier!" Bunny clapped.

"It'll be more than a joy to have Mira along," Tansy agreed.

Peony smiled. She was also looking forward to the inclusion of Mira in this adventure. "Then, we will continue as planned, with the help of Mira, then. For now I best be off, before my mum wonders what sort of mischief I'm into now." She waved and hurried home.

When she arrived her face was flushed and her breathing labored from the run. "Peony, what is the matter?"

"Tansy forgot something and I just wanted to give it to her before she was too far up the road."