View Single Post
Old 05-26-2004, 02:59 PM   #173
Ealasaide
Shadow of Tyrn Gorthad

Ealasaide has just left Hobbiton.
Child - Yes, I remember getting all excited about the idea of an RPG from the women's POV last summer when the planning thread for "Corsairs" first opened. I had been hoping that it would explore some of the ideas I have been talking about here and was a bit disappointed in the direction it ultimately took. But that's okay! "Corsairs" was a fun little RPG, even if it didn't dig as deeply into women's roles as I would have liked.

BUT...that leaves the door open for me to explore the "nitty-gritty" side of things on my own, doesn't it? I would be very interested in developing an RPG along these lines this summer after my gang in The Shire and I finally wrap up our lingering RPG, "The Lingering Darkness." For the moment, I would like to hold off on my "mirror fellowship" storyline until it has time to gel a bit more, but I would like to follow up on the other one, which I see pretty much exactly as you describe:

Quote:
a mixture : a combination of "wait and endure" and action. Not necessarily hand-to-hand combat, but perhaps a village being taken over by someone (not Orcs) and women spying to get information from the bad guys, or some such thing.
Let me do a little thinking and planning & I will definitely PM you about it! I see it as an exploration of women's roles in taking care of the homefront while the men are away at war.

Saucepan Man - What an excellent suggestion! That sounds like the perfect framework for what I am talking about. I'll do some reading and see if it actually would work for my purposes. Thanks!
Ealasaide is offline   Reply With Quote