View Single Post
Old 03-20-2003, 06:21 PM   #148
Sophia the Thunder Mistress
Scent of Simbelmynė

Sophia the Thunder Mistress has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Sophia the Thunder Mistress
Sting

Morwyn's eyes snapped open as Elhor began to speak. His words captivated her, but she didn't understand the meaning of them, the poetry he was speaking mesmerised her, yet she was somehow afraid. More than fear, however, she realized that his words were filled with sadness.

Nervously, she pulled the smooth stick from her hair, anxious to busy her hands, and began to turn it between her fingers. Her suddenly freed brown hair tumbled down to her shoulders, but she didn't move to straighten it.

She'd noticed Nahai. As Morwyn looked at Nahai she watched the woman's face change from disbelief to kinship. A small smile formed on Nahai's face as Elhor spoke. She glanced back and forth rapidly between the faces of the woman and the boy, unsure of what was going on. One thing she was certain of, however, Nahai understood what this boy was saying.

Morwyn glanced over at Sara, but the girl's face was lowered and covered by her hair, she looked uncomfortable. She then glanced at Mae, wondering what the elven girl would think of Elhor's statement. Mae was watching, wrapped up in the sadness of Elhor's words.

As the boy finished speaking she continued to gaze at him, in rapt silence, then looked to Nahai to break the tension.

[ May 05, 2003: Message edited by: Sophia the Thunder Mistress ]
The seasons fall like silver swords, the years rush ever onward; and soon I sail, to leave this world, these lands where I have wander'd. O Elbereth! O Queen who dwells beyond the Western Seas, spare me yet a little time 'ere white ships come for me!