View Single Post
Old 01-15-2003, 04:44 PM   #75
Sword Maiden Of The Shire
Animated Skeleton

Sword Maiden Of The Shire has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Quote:
Champignonne looked at the two hobbits in wonder. They were so nice to her. and they sacrificed their mushroomsfor her benefit!
"Well, " said she, "I am alone. But I must know your names first. You both look so familiar, but I've never really been out of my neighborhood." She looked at both in turn. Before they could answer her, she turned around, hearing something about "Baggins" and "party". She had heard the name before.

"Before you say anything," she said, seeing the quizzotic looks on their faces, "What is this party? Who is'Baggins'? Do you know him?" Mistakenly she thought that it was only one person; she had only heard one name. Champignonne did not even shy away at this. Her Took curiosity cancelled out her shyness.
"Well," replied Merry "As for your first question, "I'm Merry and this is my cousin Pippin" he said gesturing to her. "And the Bagginses, from what I can gather are coming here for a feast or party of some sort."

"Masters Frodo, Samwise and Bilbo, I believe" sid Pippin looking wide-eyed at all the hustle and bustle about the Inn. They sat down beside her, "They were all involved in The War Of The Ring, many tales now tell about them." said Merry lowering his voice a little "But aside from that," continued Pippin, "They are very nice folk. We've only met them once or twice."

The rich smell of freshly baked cake wafted over to where they were sitting. Merry inhaled deeply "Ahhhh! If only I were helping in the kitchen!" "Why, so you could eat the Inn out of house and home before the guests even arrive?" asked Pippin laughing at him. "Your're right though, I'd like to help, it is definately for a good cause. Maybe there are some last minute things we can do."

Merry nodded. "Would you care to join us Champignonne?" he asked.....

[ January 15, 2003: Message edited by: Sword Maiden Of The Shire ]