Thread: Itaril
View Single Post
Old 02-04-2011, 12:39 PM   #11
Alcuin
Haunting Spirit

Alcuin has just left Hobbiton.
Then Eorache daughter of Eorlobe is exactly what Hollywood needs! More from “The Riders of Roi-Tan” (ibid.),
Quote:
As they watched helplessly, the line of riders bore down upon them. Suddenly the centermost figure, whose spiked helmet also boasted two longhorns, gave a vague hand signal to halt and the men reined to a stop in a display of astoundingly inept sheepmanship. … [T]he pronged leader cantered up to the three astride a bull merino of great stature and whiteness, its tail intricately braided with colored rubber bands. … The leader, shorter than the others by a head, looked at them suspiciously through twin monocles and brandished a battlemop. It was then that the company realized that the leader was a woman, a woman whose ample breastplate hinted at a figure of some heft.

“Vere ist you going and vat are you doing here when you are not to being here in der first place vhere you ist?” the leader demanded…

Stomper stepped forward and bowed low… “Hail and greeting, O Lady,” lisped Stomper... “We are wayfarers in your land searching for friends taken by the foul narcs of Sorhed and Serutan. … They are three feet tall with hairy feet and little tails, probably dressed in elvin cloaks…”

The captain of the sheepmen stared at the Ranger dumbly, then turning to her own company beckoned a rider. “Medic! Hurry up, I haf vork for you. Und he ist delirious, also!”

“Nay, beautiful Lady,” said Stomper, “they of whom I speak are boggies, or in the tongue of the elves, hoipolloi. I am their guide, who am called Stomper by some, though I have many names.”

“I bet you do,” agreed the leader, tossing her golden braids. … “I ist Eorache, daughter of Eorlobe, Captain of der Rubbermark and Thane of Chowder…”
See? Ready-made Hollywood heroine with minimum rewrite. And if they want more, the sheep can dance.
Alcuin is offline   Reply With Quote